Friday, August 27, 2010

If my little sister is old, what does that make me?

So here I am, feeling all good and stuff because I eat right, exercise, have a healthy, ahem, relationship with my husband, have a great kid/house/boat/job and along comes my younger sister complaining about being old, or some such bullshit.  Really?  If she's old, what the hell am I?

So, that started me thinking.  What the hell AM I?  The anal tendencies got the best of me and I began making a list, scratch that, two lists.  Things I like about myself, and things I'd like to change.  Now, since I was making these lists and not any of my friends, family or people who drive on the road with me, I am proud to say the *likes* list was longer.  Maybe my dopey little sister will step back off her ledge when she just comes clean with herself and admits that 35 is the new 20's.  Hell, I hear 40's is the new 20's so even I have something to look forward to.  Sorry Steph and Sheila, apparently your lives are over; nice knowin' ya though.


So, here are the top 10 things I like about myself:

10) articulate
9) organized
8) funny as hell
7) honest
6) hardworking
5) self-reflective
4) non-smoker
3) healthy
2) good mom
1) good wife

Lest any of you have any specific arguments regarding the validity of these 10 things, feel free to fling yourself from the Tapan Zee bridge.  See?  honest.

So, here are the 5 things I dislike the most about myself:

5) grudge holder
4) neurotic
3) easily aggravated
2) anxious
1) impulsive

So, there ya have it folks.  It took me 37 years, but I finally like myself enough to know that the good outweighs the bad in me.  So, Vik, now you know, getting older isn't so bad.  Plus, pretty soon, you'll forget to care about your age so it won't even bother you.  I told you getting older has its perks.

No comments:

Post a Comment