Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Impulsivity is a pain in the arse

So, the Blackhawks tickets went on sale yesterday, and as my fingers flinched, poised over the keyboard, the time changed to 10 am CST and I took my place in *your wait time is approximately 6 minutes*-land.

Since I am not a professional scalper, obviously the only thing Ticketmaster offered me was Standing Room Only seats, and in my haste, I purchased them.  For 7 different games.  Needless to say, the husband was none too pleased, and upon further thought, neither was I.  Why exactly did I just invest over $600 on seats, that weren't even seats?  My impulsivity had gotten the best of me, again, but luckily Ticketmaster gave me no grief when I came to my senses today and called them to cancel the orders. 

I think I need to take some time to think things through a little bit more, especially when it comes to spending money.  The husband and I have worked so hard to stay on track with our *get out of debt* plan, and here I went and spent $600+ on crappy tickets?  Since it didn't cost me anything, I am chalking this up to a lesson learned, and I will keep it in mind next time that "I have to have it" feeling comes over me.

Blackhawks crappy no seats= $106.96
Impulsivity in check= Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment