Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Let them eat Cake!

German chocolate pumpkin spiced cake to be exact.  Anyone who knows me well won't be surprised that my boss elected me to be *Baker Smurf* for Halloween.  Why not Smurfette, I want to ask, but I guess those days have passed me by, and I digress.  Since I've graduated from just making cakes that taste good, to cakes that taste good and look good (okay, still working on this one a bit), I needed to find a new challenge to keep my bakers fingers from getting lazy.

I decided to play around with different flavors and came across a season-appropriate recipe for German chocolate pumpkin spice cake.  The frosting was cream cheese with a kick of cinnamon and cocoa powder.  When my mom declared there was nothing to be changed, I knew I had hit pay dirt.

So what do I do next, to challenge my developing baking skills?  Does frying potatoes in my newly acquired fry daddy count as baking?  Well, I guess not, but somebody's gotta do it

No comments:

Post a Comment